Almost half of American adults have diabetes or prediabetes.
2/3 of people with diabetes will also develop heart disease.
TWO TYPES OF DIABETES INFLUENCERS
SOCIAL DIABETES INFLUENCERS. These influencers:
- focus primarily on reaching PWD and diabetes health professionals online.
- are prominent professionals with large followings and influence with their blogs and social media.
- are well-connected with national diabetes education programs, as well as local and/or national AADE committees
GRASS ROOTS DIABETES INFLUENCERS. These influencers:
- focus primarily on reaching PWD in person and connecting with colleagues in person and via email.
- treat many PWD in person and/or lead diabetes education programs for PWD.
- are well-connected with diabetes support groups and education programs in their states/regions and serve on local AADE committees.